Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Genre: fantasy
Series and Book #: Iron Fey Series #3
Pages: 358
Summary:

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.

 This time, there will be no turning back.

--------

I make a point of never saying goodbye, princess. Makes it sound like you're never coming back.
-Puck from The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, page 333

Holy Mother Martha. This was intense. The drama, the adventure, the romance, and the climax created a breathtaking novel. I loved how the true colors of characters came out in this novel and I saw more of the characters. Meghan's character truly became fully exposed as she was forced to make terrible, gut wrenching decisions. Especially risking her own life to save a world she didn't care about two books ago. Her story is very real and I love how much she's changed throughout the books.

Kagawa threw everything into this book! She described the war, the Iron Realm, and the faeries surrounding Meghan with so much spice the characters and settings were like a pop-up book--so real you could see and touch them.

Overall, this was an emotional roller coaster! I finished it last night at midnight and couldn't fall asleep because of all the feelings that I was experiencing. It was crazy! I love you, but I can't have you. I almost died but instead the land saved me. Oh dear goodness I am seriously revving myself up for The Iron Knight!

The Cover: I love Meghan's intense look. It really captures the emotion that is always evident in the book. I think the pink draws the reader away from the seriousness, though

No comments:

Post a Comment